Friday, December 16, 2011

Pie # 20: Candy Bar Pie

Are you ready for one of the easiest pie recipes? I hope so. I don't know a lot of people who dislike chocolate, candy, or peanut butter. This pie is a simple way to impress your friends and neighbors without spending hours in the kitchen. I found this in Baking Classics. Unfortunately, I couldn't find my camera during the baking process so you'll have to make due with the two pictures I took with my phone. Enjoy! (Printable version)

Crust:
Graham Cracker Crust (duh)

Filling:
5 Snickers candy bars cut into 1/2 pieces
12 oz cream cheese softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons whipping cream

Place candy bar chunks in pie shell. Set aside.



Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, sour cream, and peanut butter. Pour over candy bars into the pie shell. Bake at 325 for 35-40 minutes or until set.


Cool pie completely. Melt chocolate chips with whipping cream in a saucepan. Spread over pie; chill in refrigerator overnight. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment