Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pie # 23: Frozen Mud Pie


I've been making this pie with my best friend since we were in high school. It has four ingredients so it's foolproof. It's also the perfect addition to any movie night or a girl-sesh with too much wine.

Frozen Mud Pie
(Printable version)
1 pre-made oreo crust
peanut butter
1 pint ice cream (you can use anything: chocolate, peanut butter, etc. I chose Starbuck Mocha Frappuccino)
Hot fudge sauce


Melt peanut butter. (I never measure this, but if I were to guess, I would say 3/4 - 1 cup peanut butter) Pour into pie shell and freeze for 1 hour.


Allow ice cream to thaw on the counter for 15 minutes. Spread the ice cream over the peanut butter, smooth with a spatula and freeze for another hour.


Warm up fudge sauce and pour over mud pie right before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment