Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pie # 43: Peach Lemonade Pie


I made this in Hawaii while on vacation, so I was unable to make my own crust or take too many pictures. But let me tell you: this pie was delicious! The faint hint of lemon made this a refreshing peach pie that I'll definitely make again.

Peach Lemonade Pie
from Ken Haedrich's Pie
(Printable version)

Crust:
All shortening crust (or store-bought)

Filling:
4 cups peeled, pitted and thinly sliced ripe peaches
1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons instant tapioca

Streusel Topping
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons butter, cut into 1/4-inch pieces

Combine all filling ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Pour the filling into pie shell and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.

Meanwhile, prepare topping. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt with fork (or in food processor). Scatter the butter and continue to mix until fine crumbs form.


Remove pie from oven and reduce temp to 375 degrees. Spread topping evenly over pie and return to oven. Bake until filling is bubbly (about 25 minutes). My pie boiled over a lot - I recommend baking this on a cookie sheet.


Enjoy. This pie tastes like summerrrrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment