Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pie # 48: Cherry Almond Pie


This pie was probably my best seller at work. Co-workers continued to slice away large chunks of this pie at a time until I only had one piece left to take home with me. This recipe is the perfect combination of tart and sweet. I was surprised that this recipe only had one minor difference compared to my basic Cherry Pie recipe: Almond Extract. I would love to remake this pie with a toasted almond crumble top to add more almondy flavor.

Cherry Almond Pie
from Taste of Home Baking Classics
(Printable version)

Crust:
All-Shortening Crust Recipe

Filling:
4 cups tart pie cherries (pitted)
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup corn starch
1/3 cup cold water
1/4 teaspoon almond extract





Combine filling ingredients and pour into an unbaked pie shell.


Cover with top pie crust and cut vents. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and continue to bake for 45-60 minutes or until juices bubble.


SO GOOD. I promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment